9.20.2008

S-O-P-H-I-A

She did it!  We've been working on it for about a month now and Sophia can officially spell her name.  Well ... not quite but almost.  Anytime she sees any kind of writing utensil, a crayon, side walk chalk, markers, a pen ... you name it, she hands it over and insists I write "S".  So of course, I write an S then she says "O" so I write an O and so on until we've spelled her name.  So does this count?  I mean, she knows what letter goes next and she doesn't have them memorized cause she recognizes them independently.  She actually recognizes all the letters in her name so well that anytime she sees any of them anywhere she yells them out and points.  I think this counts as spelling, don't you?  










Something else she's been doing is imitating mommy's growing belly.  When you 
ask her what mommy looks like she sticks her tummy way out.  I must say, it's pretty funny. I just wish I really looked that darn cute!

No comments:

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers