12.24.2011

Christmas Eve

We try to incorporate both the magic of Santa and the true meaning of Christmas into our holiday celebration.  So what better way to celebrate Jesus' birthday than with a cake.  The girls agreed Jesus liked yellow cake with chocolate icing and LOTS of rainbow sprinkles.  So that's exactly how we spent the morning of Christmas Eve, baking baby Jesus the perfect birthday cake.
 

Later that day we headed over to Mass and visited the live nativity.  Sophia was especially excited to see the "burrow that carried Mary to the manger and the camels the three kings rode on to visit baby Jesus."  


The girls couldn't wait to touch the "white pigeon, like Noah"  Hmmm, that's not what I thought of when I saw it, but they're right!   I'm always amazed by what they remember and it reminds me to be the best I can be because I have three pairs of eyes and ears taking it all in.   

BAAAA BAAA ... one of the few words in Lucas' vocabulary.

Alexandra still remembers the little shy goat from when we visited Tanglewood Farm over the summer.  So when she saw this friendly kid she ran over saying "look ... it's the little shy goat!  She's all grown up now."

After birthday cake and bath, the girls went outside to sprinkle some reindeer food on the front lawn.  Sophia was a bit concerned how they would get to their yummy snack since Santa would be parking them on the roof : ) 

And of course their last effort to show just how good, kind, and polite they've been : )


No comments:

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers