Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St Nicholas soon would be there.
Sophia, Alexandra & Lucas were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads.
And mamma in her ‘kerchief, and I in my cap,
Had just settled our brains for a long winter’s nap.
When out of Sophia's bedroom there arose such a clatter,
We sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Rolled up in a ball she wailed and she hollered,
Her tummy was hurting and her legs straight no longer.
So off to the ER daddy drove into the night.
He showed no signs, but inside full of fright.
While I stayed at home and cried at the sight,
Of my little Sophia having appendix surgery tonight.
She watched a few movies, was brave as can be
As they drew blood from both arms I wish I could see.
Tho daddy was there to give comfort and hugs
I called every three minutes to speak to my love.
After many an hour the doctors determined,
No surgery was needed her blood work looked perfect!
Joe gave me the news, she was in the clear
It was not appendicitis like all the MD's feared.
Then he went to a bar and they both had a beer...
(Not really but he wanted to & it rhymes :)
So that's how we spent the night before Christmas.
Thank goodness God heard ours prayers and our wishes.
Sophia came home and woke up the next morning,
To all of Santa's gifts and the greatest,
Her homecoming!







No comments:
Post a Comment