I love having Friday's "off" because it gives us the chance to do something fun with no crowds! Last Friday Funday was the perfect day to check "Santa" off from our Christmas to do list. So, I got the kids dressed in their coordinating Santa outfits and off to the mall we went to visit the jolly ol' man himself.
It's crazy to think I haven't been to a mall in 3 years. My last visit was right after I had Alexandra and ironically enough it was to see Santa. Honestly, besides not having any real need, the thought of taking 2 preschoolers and a toddler scared me a bit. Not really sure why, I take them everywhere else?!?! I guess it's because if I was to go to the mall it would be to shop and how could I possibly shop with 3 kids?!?! Lucky for them (and me) our first mall field trip was not to shop but to ride the train & carousel, play on the soft playground, and most importantly see Santa!


The picture speaks for itself and is a true representation of our kids current state and personalities! Sophia was completely excited, no hesitation at all and very eager to tell Santa exactly how well behaved she's been and what she would like to see under the tree Christmas morning. Alexandra as usual was a bit timid and shy with strangers or in new surroundings, but quickly warmed up to the white bearded man. Once she heard how confident Sophia was, she too told Santa what a great helper she's been and how much she would love to have anything Hello Kitty! (her new obsession) Lucas seemed excited as we waited our turn in line but as soon as he sat on Santa's lap, the tears started flowing and the screams began! Separation anxiety at it's finest : ) Awwwww the joys of the season!!!!
Thanks Santa for making our trip to the mall such a fun event! Have a safe ride back to the North Pole! See you next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment